Thursday, February 18, 2016

Upcoming Tournaments: Cheyenne, 27-28 Feb 2016 and Las Vegas, 4-9 June 2016

I've got two tournaments coming up - one in Cheyenne from 27-28 May, and the other in Las Vegas from 4-9 June.

Obviously I want to do well in the City tournament, but my main goal is to be a success at Nationals  - and I've got got a little bit less than 4 months to perfect my game and get it up to that 200 average (for all that my "book" average going in to that tourney is 146).
I can do that!

Women's City
Warren Lanes is located on Warren Airforce Base, and so I've had to give them my driver's license and birthdate. Everyone going on to the base has to be on a list and the security guards will check our driver's license when we go on base.

Warren Lanes is about half the size of the Two Bar Bowl Lanes.  I have bowled on there before - I went there for a tournament about three years ago and didn't do well.  I intend to do better this time.

I would have preferred to just bowl Singles - but you can't just bowl singles. At the very least you have to bowl Singles and Doubles.

The only reason why I get to participate in this tournament is because a woman bowler couldn't find someone to be her teammate for doubles. She asked a friend of mine, with whom I bowl on the Sunday Happy Moose league, who asked me.

I let her take care of everything, so now not only will I be bowling singles and doubles, but also the team event. I've also got into a "side pot" for all events (highest score for all events wins something), and also, since I'm over 50, for the "senior side pot" - so that was an extra $5 each.

Total cost to me, $67.

Nationals - Las Vegas

 In June I will be going to Las Vegas with three other women for Nationals.

$216 for airfare, and about $150 for entry fees for Nationals and also for a No Tap tournament in Samstown.

(I will explain about No Tap in another post.)

Not sure how much hotels are going to be. Hopefully we'll stay somewhere off-strip that has reasonable rates!

No comments:

Post a Comment