Saturday, February 27, 2016

Women's City Bowling Tournament - Cheyenne

This weekend, i.e. today, 27 Feb 2016 and tomorrow 28 Feb, I'll be bowling at the Warren AFB bowling lanes in the Women's City Bowling Tournament.

I was entered with a 148 handicap.

This is shaping up to be a disaster.

I bought a new Storm Hy-road about three weeks ago, and had it drilled finger tip. I made the big mistake of going up a pound in weight - it's a 14 pound ball and simply too heavy for me.

I have a 13 pound Brunswick Mastermind, and I had it drilled fingertip and got it back yesterday - but did not have a chance to practice with it.

(After deciding to give up on my Storm Hy-road until I could do some finger- and forearm strengthening exercises, I had the impression that I wasn't able to control my other bowling balls properly because I was trying to do a finger tip thing with them. This might have been my imagination - but it's too late now!  Oh, how I wish I hadn't decided to go fingertip in the middle of the season!)

Anyway, starting at 3 pm I'll be bowling doubles and then singles with my Mastermind which I haven't had a chance to practice with. The guy who drilled it dropped it off at the bowling center in the morning and never told me it was there, so I didn't get it until the evening, and the thumb hole seemed a bit tight to me but there's nothing I can do about it now.

So, I need to think positive thoughts, bring all my bowling balls, and just bowl the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment